The New Forest National Park Authority Sustainable Business Award
Naked jam is committed to sustainable practices. Our founder, Jennifer, has an environmental degree, a wealth of experience and an understanding of environmental issues and standards. Naked jam, also, holds the New Forest Sustainable Business Award.
We aim to tread lightly, reduce our footprint and indeed make a positive contribution to our community globally and locally:
- Use locally produced fruit and products
- Cooking seasonally
- Buying British ingredients
- Follow sustainable practices, to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment and to ensure energy efficiency
- Working closely and being actively involved with local organisations such as Hampshire Fare and the New Forest Show to promote local food and local events.
- Jennifer helps run a local charity called “not wasted” which has successfully produced an award winning “Tin to Table” cook book. Which lead to “Cook in Your Kitchen” a community project to help anyone on a low budget to make the most of food and reduce waste.