Jennifer Williams' naked jam workshop
What is it
This is a hands-on, jam-making masterclass with Jennifer Williams, founder of naked jam (we do wear clothes, in case you were wondering!).
Learn how to turn those occasional fruit surpluses into delicious, reduced-sugar, natural jam. Treat yourself to a new skill or buy somebody you love a brilliant gift they will remember and use forever.
Come to the heart of the beautiful New Forest and learn to make jams the traditional way, in Jennifer's country kitchen classroom. It's a small, intimate class with an accent on fun as well as education.
A former World-champion, Jennifer Williams (Jen to her friends) is without doubt, among the global elite of jam makers. On this training course, she will share some of her much-coveted, jam-making secrets with you so that you can surprise your friends and family with joyful jams and colourful curds on your return.
You'll never be short of a charming gift idea for those you care for again.
In this course, you will make two jams and lemon curd and leave the workshop with 20-25 jars of the best jam you ever made.
Jam-Making Course Itinerary
- The course starts at 10 am with refreshments on arrival while Jennifer will talk you through the plan for the day in detail and talk a little about the ingredients she has chosen and why.
- You'll make your first jam in the morning.
- Lunch will include a fresh, "foraged and grown" salad with Jennifer's legendary homemade quiches.
- After lunch, you'll make a further jam and a curd.
- The day will end with a tasting session and each jam-maker will receive personal feedback, both from Jennifer and their classmates.
- The day will end at 4 pm when you'll leave with a branded, naked jam apron, the jam and curds you have made and a notebook full of hints and tips.
Jennifer Williams is an Artisan jam maker, a former world champion and the founder of naked jam. Her jams and marmalades are served at the finest restaurants and hotels. She has appeared on TV with some of the biggest names in the cookery business. She is passionate about food and nature and combines the two by regularly foraging for fresh ingredients in her beloved New Forest.