Jennifer Williams' marmalade masterclass
What is it
This is a hands-on, marmalade-making masterclass with naked jam founder Jennifer Williams.
Learn how to make both traditional and funky marmalades with a world-champion marmalade maker. Treat yourself to a new skill or buy somebody you love a brilliant gift they will remember and use forever.
Learn to make marmalade the traditional way, in Jennifer's New Forest, country kitchen classroom. It's a small, intimate class with accent on fun as well as education.
A former World-champion, Jennifer Williams (Jen to her friends) is without doubt, among the global elite of jam makers. On this training course, she will share some of her much-coveted, marmalade-making secrets with you - including how she made the world-championship-wining marmalade in 2018.
Not only will you be able to surprise your friends and family marmalade masterpieces of your own, you'll never be short of a charming gift idea for those you care for again.
On this course you will make two marmalades and a lemon curd and leave the workshop with 20-25 jars of some of best food you have ever made.
Jam-Making Course Itinerary
- The course starts at 10am with refreshments on arrival while Jennifer will talk you through the plan for the day in detail and talk a little about the ingredients she has chosen and why.
- You'll make your first marmalade in the morning.
- Lunch will include a fresh, "foraged and grown" salad with Jennifer's legendary homemade quiches.
- After lunch you'll make a further marmalade and a curd.
- The day will end with a tasting session and each marmalade-maker will receive personal feedback, both from Jennifer and their classmates.
- The day will end at 4pm when you'll leave with a branded, naked jam apron, the jam and curds you have made and a notebook full of hints and tips.
Jennifer Williams is an Artisan jam maker, a former world champion and the founder of naked jam. Her jams and marmalades are served at the finest restaurants and hotels. She has appeared on TV with some of the biggest names in the cookery business. She is passionate about food and nature and combines the two by regularly foraging for fresh ingredients in her beloved New Forest.